Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our road trip into Florida...

We loaded the car full and climbed on in......we left home around 4:15 pm.

All I could think was we were now traveling on our way to Florida!!!  I was soooo excited and could not believe we were finally leaving. We stopped for a quick bite to eat to fill our tummies for the llooooonnnnggg ride ahead. We crossed into SC at 5:30pm.  I did some reading, drawing...and watched part of a movie with my Paw-Paw.  Paw- Paw wasnt as thrilled about the movie as I was...but it was ok- we just moved on to something else.  We crossed into GA at about 8:30pm.  We stopped to walk around Wal-Mart for a bit and to fill up on gas.  Well...we also just HAD to stop at Chick-Fil-La for ice cream (of course Billie insisted-and I didn't mind haha).  After the ice cream- and singing along to a few music CDs- my eyes were so heavy.


That was about the time I took at nap on my Mimi....then on Paw-Paw...then Mimi again. We crossed into FL at about 11pm. 



... and got to the condo at about 2am. Wow!! The condo was very nice. It was big and the closets are HUGE. We unloaded and hit the sack!! We are all so tired from the long ride and I can not WAIT to see what tomorrow will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment