Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day Four...~*Animal Kingdom*~

Today we visited Disney's Animal Kingdom.

We took a short cut to get there and it only took like 5 minutes to get there. We were all suprised.


We entered the park at the Oasis---trees leaned over our heads and blocked the sun. It was just like being in the jungle. We saw the tree of life- this tree was ginormous!!!!!


After making a gameplan- we were on our way to Camp Minnie-Mickey. On the way there we met Pocahontas. (My daddy and Paw-paw had pictures made with her to.) Then we saw the Festival of the Lion King muscial. All the Lion King charaters were there and the show was magical! There was dancing, singing, and gymnastics. The monkeys were pretty cool but my favorite was singing along with Simba. Everything just looked so real and they people performing did a really good job! I was a little sad that I didn't get to meet them after the show. But...when we left the show we went to the character greeting trails where we met Goofy.


Then Donald--and he gave me a big kiss on the cheek. Then we met Chip and Dale- they were so funny.


Then we met Thumper and Miss Bunny--they are such a sweet couple of rabbits. Oh yea---and while I was waiting to meet Thumper and Miss Bunny--my Paw-Paw had this man come sing a song to me in front of everyone.


He said my name, where I lived and talked about the horse I ride named Shadow and I was sooooo embarrassed. But it was ok---we then met Lilo and Stitch on my way to the part of the park that was a little town that looked like Africa. In Africa we took the Kilmanjaro Safari ride to see the safari animals. And they were the real animals like you would see at a zoo.


It was pretty neat.  We saw giraffs, hippos, elephants, the black rhino (which is rare) and more.





Me and Billie let Paw-paw take the camera and take pictures for a little bit on our ride. But he just kept taking pictures of all the girls!




HAHAHA!! See!!! HAHAHAHA (if you didn't get that---just nevermind...)


Next we took the Wildlife Express train ride to the Conservation Station where we saw lots of things. We saw the vet office where they care for the animals at the park. And saw an xray of a snake at the park that swollowed a golf ball. They don't just take care of the actual animals there- but other animals that may wonder onto the park. I saw a live snake that I got to pet. It kind of felt like a basketball. We got to take a look at the food they feed the animals.


 And took the train back to Africa so that we could move onto Asia. The town had stone roads and asian foods. It smelled so good! We rode a roller coaster named Expedition Everest. It was HUGE!! And went forward and backwards in the dark. Inside the mountain was the abominal snowman. I wanted to ride it again and again and again but we had to keep going. Then we took a break to go see Finding Nemo the Muscial. It was full of colors and they came out into the audiance. Dori was my favorite character. But the only part that disappointed me was they left out the part of the movie where Dori speaks whale. We left the musical and went to ride the rapids- which even Mimi rode with us. I got soaked!!!


And so did Paw-Paw. It was getting close to closing time for the park so we took a last look for things we just had to see. We hit the Maharajah Jungle walk where we saw the biggest bats I have ever seen!!! (actually the only real bat I have ever seen) There faces look like a fox!


They were giant fruit bats!! They were the size of cats!!! They are from southwest Asia, have up to a 10 foot wing span and sleep at night unlike most bats. Then we saw tigers, antalope and the komodo dragon.


Then we went wayyyy down into the roots of the tree of life to see this 3-D bug movie. It was all about insects. I learned that insects out number humans 200,000,000 to 1 and that we need them. We need them because bugs make lipstick!! (haha) Just kidding- they take care of some types of waste, they pollunate plants so we can grow our food to eat and they feed larger animals that have other jobs. It was just about time for the park to be closing so we of course hit a few shops. Oh---and before we left....we went to eat at the Rain Forest Cafe!!


This was the coolest place!! The inside looks like a rain forest with the walls covered with fish tanks, animals (not real ones this time) and trees. The food was really good. We all had something a little different and I of course got to try something off of everyone's plate.  All in all my favorite part of the entire day was meeting and spending time with Chip and Dale.

I think we are going to Epcot tomorrow- I will find out when I wake up.

Night for now.

"K"

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS MY FAVORITE DAY YOU HAD SO FAR! I LOVE THE TREE OF LIFE! AND THE SONG ABOUT YOU! HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete