Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Six...*~Hollywood Studios~*

Today we went to Hollywood Studios....



Hollywood Studios is all about the movies and the making of the movies. First was the Great Movies Ride - where saw some of the classic movie clips and stars from a long time ago. Mimi remembers when some of the movies came out. Movies like Casablanca and Singing in the Rain. And movie stars like John Wayne (which is paw-paw's favorite) and Gene Kelley. Oh- we went to a Star Wars ride that was like riding in a space ship with R2D2 and C3PO. As we walked the streets of America we saw film strips and back drops like San Francisco and New York.



Pretty wild how real it looks- uh?
In a corner of the city- we met Mator and Lightning McQueen.


They didn't have much to say....haha....
Then there was this playground from a movie daddy remembers but I have never seen. It was called "Honey- I shrunk the kids". Everything was huge!! Daddy says we will watch the move when we get home and I will understand why.

Coke anyone???
From there we took a train tour called the Back - Lot tour where we got to go behind the scenes of the making of a movie. They talked to us about how special effects were made and we even got to make our own movie.



Yes, that is 75,000 gallons of real water rushing toward us!! And I was on the outside so it was coming at me first!!

These pumps pump that water back up for the next shoot. The set can be ready to go again in 3 minutes. We grabbed a quick bite to eat. It was chicken nuggets for me again---daddy says I'm gonna turn into a chicken. 

Anyways- most of what we did from here was different shows and rides experiencing the making or behind the scenes of popular movies. Like-- Narnia and Indiana Jones.

We caught a couple of live plays- like The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

The difference is---when you go to these shows they make it like you are really there. In the Little Mermaid- in the scene when it rained- you actually get rained on. We met some Monsters, Inc. characters. 

 
Oh- and the stunt show.

This is where we got to see live scenes being filmed with dangerous stunts like racing, chases and explosions.

When we finished everything up- we went for snacks and it was back to the center of the park for the Block Party and Parade.



All the toys came out to play and dance.


It was so awesome!!! One of the dancers took me out on the street and I got to dance with them.


I have to say my favorite part of the day was the Beauty and the Beast show.

We came back to the condo pretty early- Billie cooked one of my favorite dinners which is spaghetti, and we all ate as a family at the table. It must have been pretty good---we were all very quite for a few minutes. Then we talked about our favorite parts.

After dinner and clean up daddy, billie and me went for a ride. We went to Universal CityWalk-



When we got there the first thing I saw was all the lights!!! It was so cool! We saw the big Universal ball like on all the movies you see. We went to Hard Rock for me to pick out a collectors pin and stopped at a few more stores to just look around. We found this water playground where the water shoots up out of the ground and I got to play for a little bit.


Then it was time to go. We were on our way out when I noticed I had lost one of my Disney pins so daddy and Billie went back and we all looked all over for it. I was so sad.....my Mimi bought it for me. But I was more upset that Mimi would be upset. After looking for a while we had to go- we never did find it. I had to tell Mimi that I lost it but she wasn't mad at me. So I felt better. Anyways----its been a long but fun- fun- fun day. Think we are going to take it easy and play at the beach tomorrow!

Goodnight for now.

"K"

No comments:

Post a Comment