Friday, September 3, 2010

Day Seven....*~Clearwater Beach, FL~*

Since we had such a crazy week...Mimi and Paw-paw stayed at the condo today daddy, Billie and me went to the beach to relax. We went to Clearwater Beach.


It took us about and hour and 1/2 to get there. I was tired and kinda grumpy this morning. We drove through Tampa, FL. It was kind of exciting to see a new city but....it looked like Charlotte to me. No different...just a bunch of big buildings. Daddy says every city looks like Charlotte to me. We crossed over a really big bridge out to the outer islands.


The beach was so big!! And the sand was as white as snow. I ran down to the water -of course only once we were com-pl-etely SMOTHERED with sunscreen.


The water was like crystal glass it was so clear. But I noticed there wasn't waves really. At home when we go to the beach there are waves to ride but it was like being on the lake there. Except the water was so clear that is. This was the first time I have ever been to the Gulf of Mexico. We played in the water swimming. Billie helped me find some shells.


and Daddy and me hunted for sea life....


The purple flag was up on the beach today- which meant there was alot of marine life at the shore.


We saw seaweed was up onto shore. I was brave and touched it and it felt slimmy. Oh......we saw reef sharks swimming along the bottom where we were walking.....oh-oh and we had schools of fish swimming all around us in the water. And....there were these one fish swimming within just a couple of feet of us that were real long and pointy with strips. Daddy said they were about a foot long or longer. Billie said she they were needle nose fish. Either way- I had never seen them before and it was pretty neat. So Billie made me get out of the water about a hundred times to put on more sunscreen- but other than that and taking a walk on the pier we just played and played.



We found a jelly fish and a hermit crab. And saw pigeons and pelicans.


We were all tired and ready to go so we went to Wings to look around and left. I could hardly hold my eyes open so I took a nap on our way. And Billie snapped this picture of me....I was not exactly thrilled....


When we got back we went out to eat with Mimi and Paw-Paw. I am now going to bed. Its been a FANTASTIC week and we will be headed out in the morning to go back to North Carolina. Everyday has been an adventure and I'm sure the ride home will be to. I will blog one more time after we get home.

Goodnight!!

"K"

No comments:

Post a Comment